The Parasound Zpre3 preamplifier is a compact stereo preamp packed with custom integration features and the audiophile level of performance that Parasound is known for. There are five audio line level inputs including a front panel Aux input and a Bypass input and each input can be renamed to identify the connected source.
The Bypass input enables integration with audio sources that have their own volume controls, such as AV receivers and streaming devices like the Cabasse Stream Source, Sonos Connect, Heos Link, BlueSound Node, Google Chromecast Audio or Apple Airport Express. The Bypass input is automatically selected when the Zpre3 is powered off, so users can listen to the streaming device without having to turn on the Zpre3.
The Zpre3 has features specifically for the professional custom installation market, including discrete IR remote commands, a 12V trigger output and 2-way RS232 with direct volume control. Automatic RS232 feedback allows for easy integration with keypads and touch-screen control systems such as Crestron®, AMX®, Control4®, Savant®, and Elan®.
Additional features include both automatic turn on volume memory and favourite volume memory so it’s easy for the user to jump to his or her most common listening levels. There are fixed and variable outputs, as well as separate Mono outputs for a subwoofer and for architectural speakers. Compact size, audiophile performance and an array of useful custom integration features make the Zpre3 suitable for just about any audio system.
Parasound Z Series Zpre3 Pre-Amplifier (with 2-Way RS232) Features & Benefits:
- Front panel LCD function display with dimming
- Automatic turn on volume memory
- Favorite volume memory with remote control button
- 2-way RS232 w/ exact volume control & feedback
- Discrete commands for all functions
- Rename inputs to match connected source
- 5 audio inputs including a front panel Aux input
- Bypass input integrates easily w/ a Sonos Connect® etc.
- Bass, treble and balance adjustments by remote control
- Variable and fixed stereo outputs
- Variable and fixed mono/subwoofer outputs
- 12dB auto gain offset at front panel AUX to match levels of other sources
- 12V trigger output and rear panel IR input
- Rack mount kit sold separately (ZoneMaster ZRK)