The Parasound Zphono Phono Preamplifier is a compact, half rack width, high quality phono pre-amplifier, switchable for use with both Moving Coil (MC) or Moving Magnet (MM) cartridges.
The Zphono can be utilised in a stack with other compact Z series products to complete a pretty impressive system, it works with all line drive pre-amplifiers. Externally the Zphono comes with gold plated RCA inputs and outputs has a AC polarity switch to eliminate any potential noise and hum, and has user selectable gain selector for MM or MC cartridges.
Internally it uses ultra high speed, low noise opamps along with audiophile grade resistors and capacitors to ensure the best possible performance no matter what your set up is.
This elegant, simple and affordable component allows your turntable to be used with any line level preamplifier or receiver with sound quality that does full justice to your record collection. In the rack, underneath your turntable with a Zamp, or alongside your Zdac it’ll do all your discs justice. Long live vinyl!
Parasound Z Series Zphono – Phono Pre-Amplifier Features & Benefits:
- Works with all line drive preamplifiers
- RIAA curve accurate to 0.25 dB
- Ultra-low distortion
- Switchable gain for moving magnet or moving coil cartridges
- Exclusive AC polarity switch to eliminate hum
- Ultra high-speed, low-noise opamps Audiophile grade resistors and capacitors
- Gold-plated RCA input and output jacks
- Unique half-rack width chassis; 1 rack space high
- Fastening hardware available for rack mounting
- Parasound Z Series ZPhono Specifications:
- Gain at 1 kHz: MM, 46dB; MC, 61 dB
- Input Sensitivity at 1 kHz: MM 5 mV in for 1.1 V output MC .9 mV in for 1.1 V output
- Input Impedance: MM 47 k O; MC 100 O
- Input overload: MM 200 mV; MC 36 mV
- RIAA accuracy: 0.25 dB, 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- S/N ratio: MM 84 dB; MC 58 dB
- Power requirement: 115 V – 230 V, 60/50 Hz, 5 W
- Dimensions: Width: 220 mm, Depth: 254 mm, Height: 51 mm with feet, 45 mm without feet
- Weight: Net: 1.8 kg, Shipping: 2.7 kg