The Parasound HALO integrated amplifier (commonly called the Parasound HINT amplifier – Halo INTegrated) features a plethora of features.
Firstly the HALO integrated allows for balanced (XLR) inputs and outputs alongside un-balanced (Phono) connections. The amplifier also has designated 2.1 outputs (both balanced and unbalanced) with individual crossover controls for optimum flexibility, as well as home theatre (or home cinema depending on where you hail from) bypass inputs for subtle integration into multichannel systems.
Digital inputs into the class-leading DAC are optical, coaxial and also a dedicated USB connection, meaning that the digital world and formats are brilliantly catered for. It’s cutting-edge DAC decodes 384kHz PCM and DSD using the latest ESS Sabre32 Reference DAC.
The analogue world is catered for with a flexible phono input with adaptable settings that cater for both MM or MC platforms. This, along with multiple line level inputs, allows you to cater for all your existing and contemplated components.
Internally the benefits of all this connectivity built into one integrated product is coupled with an oversize toroidal transformer – which help the amplifier deliver. And deliver it does! This American powerhouse has 160w p/channel of power on tap, which means it will take any speaker and any music choice with ease, providing dynamics, power and control.
Check out the many stunning reviews of this product.
Parasound HALO 2.1 Channel Integrated Amplifier (with DAC) Features & Benefits:
Preamp and DAC Features & Benefits
- Latest generation ESS Sabre32 Reference DAC (ES9018K2M)
- Asynchronous USB 2.0 supports PCM up to 384kHz/32-bit Native and DoP DSD decoding (Drivers for ASIO or WASAPI)
- Coax and optical accept PCM up to 192kHz/24-bit A
- nalogue bass management with high & low pass crossovers
- Home theatre bypass input for surround sound integration F
- ront panel subwoofer level control
- Dedicated high current headphone amplifier (TI TPA6120)
- Phono input for MM & MC with 100 Ω or 47k Ω load
- Front panel Aux input with automatic +12 dB gain stage 5 pairs RCA line level
- Analog inputs 1 pair XLR balanced Analog input
- Balanced XLR and RCA left and right preamp outputs
- 1 balanced XLR and 2 RCA subwoofer outputs
- Bass & treble controls with relay bypass from remote or front panel
- Rear panel IR input and IR loop output jacks
- 12 Volt input and output to triggers
- Premium motor-driven Alps potentiometer volume control
- Back-lit remote control with discrete buttons
- 0.5w standby power consumption meets Energy Star & EU specs
Power Amp Features & Benefits
- 160 Watts x 2 @ 8 Ohms (RMS, both channels driven) 240 Watts x 2 @ 4 Ohms (RMS, both channels driven)
- Power amp circuit topology designed by legendary John Curl
- Direct amplifier input to bypass preamp section
- High bias class A/AB operation
- Oversized shielded toroid power transformer
- Dual-mono power supply and power amplifier
- 40,000uF power supply filter capacitance
- Matched JFET input stages and MOSFET driver stages
- 12 high voltage/high current bipolar output transistors
- Heavy-duty 24k gold-plated 5-way speaker binding posts
- Over temp and short circuit relay protection